People’s Books has supplied textbooks for UW-Milwaukee faculty for nearly 30 years. As a member of the Milwaukee area university community, we are happy to be of service to you and your students.
What are the advantages of ordering with People’s Books Cooperative?
To the Instructor
- We will work closely with you to find the lowest priced edition of your texts
- We can turn around your order within days
- Our small store means one on one service for every customer
- Exam book and desk copies, available to us as a small independent bookstore, are made available to instructors free of charge.
- Regular updates on book orders
- 39 years of know how and relationships with academic presses
- Honesty and transparency. We will take the time to help you better understand how we do things and why.
- Diverse selection of intellectual books
To the Student
- 10% + discount available on all new books
- Heavily discounted used books
- Book rentals
- Textbook Buyback program – We offer a higher buyback percentage on the cover price so students get more cash back. We also offer a buyback option on more titles than our competitors.
- Delivery anytime -we offer bicycle delivery to students who might need a book right away but can’t come pick it up at our store; mail delivery within days is also a fast, convenient option.
- Less than a mile from campus, on the #22 bus line, and ample, convenient parking
- shorter lines
- Late hours: we will be open until 8pm during the semester
- Exposure to alternative books and ideas
- An opportunity for students to have a voice within a local, cooperatively run business
- Access to book exchanges throughout the Riverwest and East Side areas.
To the Community
- Keeps money in the local economy
- Promotes social justice
- Encourages sustainable development
- Provides public education
- Celebrates the uniqueness of the community
- You make the mulit-cultural Riverwest area community a destination
If you are interested in placing an order with People’s Books Co-op, simply fill out the form found here , and email it to Seth at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also phone your order in by calling 414-962-0575. Please ask for Seth Please include the following information in the email: Course title and number, list of books (with author, title, and ISBN), and expected enrollment. If you do not have all the information requested, let’s work together to figure it out..
The mission of People’s Books Cooperative is to provide books that stimulate the intellect and the spirit in a way that supports the community in building a just and sustainable society.